An Overview of Marketing Agencies
There are a lot of different kinds of marketing agencies out there. For the sake of keeping track of the main types I will first define the two types of agencies we will be highlighting. Then for comparison I will add a couple other types of agencies and how they differ from the main two agency types we are examining.
- Full Service Marketing Agency: This type of agency combines all of the aspects of a full service digital marketing agency with all of the benefits of a traditional marketing agency. This means that they will provide marketing strategy, solutions, feedback and results for all of your marketing needs whether digital, print, radio, tv or other mediums all in one place.
- Boutique Marketing Agency: This type of marketing agency specializes their offerings and concentrates their marketing efforts in one or two areas. Typically a boutique agency will focus on Website building, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPP) or a more traditional media marketing. They might also specialize in only one vertical, such as lawyers.
- Full Service Digital Marketing Agency: This type of agency will cover your strategy, solutions, feedback and results for any and all digital marketing needs. They will not however be able to help you with any of the more traditional marketing strategies or needs.
- Traditional Marketing Agency: These agencies will work with you to advertise your business in newspapers, magazines, on billboards and television, with printing and photography needs and in public relations. But they typically do not work in the digital advertising realm.
What your business needs will usually determine what kind of advertising agency you seek to employ.
What is a Full Service Digital Marketing Agency?
By exploring the question, “what is a full service digital marketing agency,” you will better understand an important part of the broader capabilities of a full service marketing agency. When hiring a full service digital marketing agency you can expect them to deliver quality work using all of the digital marketing avenues including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Website design, development and maintenance
- Social media strategy, advertising and management
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Review management
- And more!
What is a Full Service Marketing Agency?
A Full Service Marketing Agency will provide your business or non-profit organization with access to all of the marketing services available. To begin with they will work with your business to determine what you need the most and how to roll out your campaign. Do you need an overall marketing strategy? Are you a startup in need of a branding workshop? A full service agency will help guide you to take the right steps and meet any and all of your next step needs.
The beauty of full service marketing agencies is they are capable of delivering on all your advertising and marketing needs including through all of the traditional methods: media buying for radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, billboards, as well as photography, print materials, swag (hats, t-shirts, mugs, etc.) and if you have any other needs just let them know.
The other beautiful thing about a full service marketing agency is that they will also provide you with everything a full service digital marketing agency would provide. Any and all of the bulleted digital services listed above are available to you. Whether you know your advertising needs or not, an excellent full service agency will maximize your advertising budget to meet and exceed your goals.
What is a Boutique Marketing Agency?
The boutique marketing realm has become popular with the rise of digital marketing. This is because the many areas of digital marketing allow for clear specialization. By identifying a “niche” market a boutique agency can become an expert and a dominant player while still building a growing clientele. These boutique or niche marketing agencies will focus on one or two services from the bulleted list of digital marketing services above and specialize in providing them with excellence.
One example of this would be an agency that focuses only on building websites. They become excellent at building and servicing quality websites with all of the needed functions for various clients. They can hire, train and focus their employees on their niche market and keep their business efficient and effective.
Another example when asking, “what is a boutique marketing agency,” is an agency that focuses on supplying full service digital marketing for a single industry, like retirement communities or mid-sized doctor’s offices. Again, they focus narrowly on a particular industry and supply the digital marketing for individual clients within that industry.
Which Agency is Best for You?
Deciding which of these types of agencies would work best for you is going to depend on your advertising needs. Are you looking for a narrow scope of work that might be best suited for one of the niche marketing agencies that specialize in your industry or in the specific kind of digital marketing that you want to focus your marketing efforts and budget on? Then the boutique marketing agencies will serve your needs well.
Do you need a variety of digital marketing options to choose from for your marketing campaign? In that case a full-service digital marketing agency would provide you with an array of options and the proper strategic planning to help you get the results you are looking for.
However, if your business is looking for a strategic plan using a plethora of marketing tools to reach a wide ranging clientele, you probably want to look into a full service marketing agency that will offer your business a clear strategic path forward and is capable of meeting any and all of your marketing needs. For the most part, these full service agencies work with small to mid-sized businesses that need a fuller range of marketing options and prefer to work with one agency rather than a variety of digital or niche marketing agencies.
If you believe that a full service marketing agency will best meet your overall marketing needs or if you need to develop a brand strategy and an overall marketing strategy that will likely include a wide range of marketing methods, then you should definitely consider a full service marketing agency. And if you are in the market for a full service agency then you certainly must consider zö agency for all of your strategic, creative and production needs.
zö agency will work with your goals in mind to hone your brand, design an overall marketing plan that is tailored to your company, and develop and grow your business through a wide range of services, and with their many years of expertise and excellence.
At zö agency we work to build long term relationships with our clients. We call it Tribe!
We will work diligently to discover your vision, your passion, your needs, your hopes and dreams for your business and then will create an overall marketing plan that meets your needs and fits your budget. Visit us today at www.zo.agency